Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Introduction

RevPup is a derivative of Puppy Linux, which is the awesome creation of Barry Kauler. The base for this Puplet is ipup 0.1 which is the fine work of Todd Richardson. I am merely using the work of these individuals as a starting point for RevPup.

The purpose of this blog is to share my experiences in putting together this Puplet, so that those who are new, or not so new, to Linux may hopefully get some benefit from this. It may even inspire someone else to try their hand at putting together an operating system for themselves, to fit their individual needs. Please note that I am by no means any sort of expert in this area, I'm just sharing a hobby with the reader.

As I progress on this endevour, I will post the experiences as well as the results. RevPup is for my personal use for now. If the result is promising then I may offer it to the Puppy Community, if it is as good as I want it to be.

In the next installment I will discuss what my criteria for the operating system will be and how I plan on getting there.

No comments: